Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Francisco Castro

 Francisco Castro. White street. 100x81 cm 2015

What is the significance of watercolor to you?
The watercolor for me is the means to express the
emotions produced by the different moments of life.

 Francisco Castro. Iceberg II. 80x81 cm 2015

Do you prefer painting indoors or outdoors?
I have gone through different stages. I like the outdoors
for taking notes and references, and the indoors for finishing
my watercolors.

 Francisco Castro. River II. 40x60 cm 2017

What is the difference in approach when you paint in studio and on the spot?
When I paint in the studio I think I am more creative
because when I am in front of the motive it becomes too
important, and I become a little bit of a slave to it. In the studio,

having distance from the motive is good for the creativity.

Francisco Castro. Trunk. 40x50 cm 2015

What is your equipment when you paint in plein air?
When I paint in plein air, I bring my palette, a
few brushes, and suitable clothes for the outside.

What paper do you prefer?
I prefer Arches paper.

Francisco Castro (Spain)

Read the full Interview in my upcoming book Konstantin Sterkhov "Masters of Watercolor. All about Plein Air" Release is expected in October 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment