In 2 weeks I have an intention to represent my new educational DVD. The topic is "Animals". One of 6 video lessons on DVD is about how to paint fur of a cat. Here is that lesson briefly.
5 TIPS FOR PET PAINTERS
- I am using a pallete limited to earth colors (burnt umber, raw umber, sepia, black), except for blue eyes.
- I am first painting in wet and adding dry brush in the end for the texture.
- The eyes of the cat I am keeping dry and white while first washing.
- First washes are of warm colors in wet, then are coming darker and cooller in wet.
- I am focusing on the muzzle, the rest is not important.
There might be different tips for a different case, but I am sure they will be helpfull.