Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Never Too Late

For those who`ve ever thought it was too late to pursue a dream, meat H.C. Dodd. The Huston watercolorist didn`t start painting in earliest until she was 67. Fifteen years later, her dramatic abstract paintings have been shown in almost 400 national and international juried exhibitions, and she`s won more than 200 awards for her work.

H.C.Dodd. Encore. 22x30` (56x76cm)

One of the most difficult aspects of her work comes when she`s done with the painting: deciding which end is up. "I just put the painting on the floor and walk around it untill I decide," she laughs.


H.C.Dodd. Longitude. 30x22` (76x56cm)

From the American Artist magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making us discover this great lady of watercolor. It's nice to have dreams and make them live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed myself when I read the article. I just wondered how could she wait for so long to realize her talent.

    ReplyDelete